10 Things You Ought To Know about Davao City
1) Davao City is the only city in the country that has 911 Emergency Service, the third after USA and Canada. This service is absolutely free, subsidized by the local government. It responds to all kinds of emergency.
2) The city has a comprehensive Smoking Ban in public places.
3) It is the first city to implement Firecracker Ban.
4) It is the first in the country to have synchronized traffic signal lights.
5) It is the orchid capital of the Philippines.
6) It is rarely visited by typhoons. Davao City enjoys good tropical weather all year round
7) It is the most livable city of the country.
8) It has a strong and independent local government.
9) Davao City has abundant sources of potable tap water both from underground and surface. The city’s tap water is adjudged the best in terms of cleanliness, safety, mineral content, and taste, something Davao is very much proud of.
10) Metro Davao is ranked by Asiaweek among the top 20 Most Livable Cities in Asia, above Metro Cebu and Metro Manila.
Photo by Phillip Ong